What to Bring to Your Tax Appointment


  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
  • Form 8332 showing that the child’s custodial parent is releasing his/her right to claim a child to you, the noncustodial parent (if applicable)
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying numbers such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Documents supporting tax credits and deductions that you might be eligible for: student loan interest, state and local tax, mortgage interest, medical expenses, charitable donations, educator expenses, college expenses, adoption expenses, etc.
  • Forms 1095-A, B, and C, Health Coverage Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
  • Clergy Tax Team Tax Organizer (the organizer has many pages, but you do not need to fill out all of them. Fill out only the ones that pertain to you and your tax situation. You can mail or place the digital copy of it in our Portal before the meeting as well).

To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.


Contact us today to schedule an appointment!

Phone: (540) 989-3250
Email: office@clergytaxteam.com